Friday, June 1, 2007

Warm People


Unlike my Bhutan trip where I was using the public transport I got lots of opportunities to interact, in this trip I didn't get the same opportunity. This friendly stranger at the remote gas station came and introduced himself and asked me where I was going and we got talking. He was a chef at the local resort. He congratulated me for the exciting journey I was taking and hoped that I would enjoy the whole trip.

This Gas station was on the Wyoming side of Yellow Stone National Park.

At other places too I have met all warm personalties maybe because its all the people from the hospitality industry restaurants and motels.

I must say the park rangers and tourist information volunteers were very helpful in coming up with the most optimal plan for the time I had at various places in fact the kind lady at South Dakota Visitor Center drew me a route on the map I should take so that I can see the maximum along the route!!!!

No comments: