Sunday, May 27, 2007

Day 2 on Road: SIGNBOARDS


After having traveled 1000+miles in the last two days I wanted to mention this hilarious incident of signboards I noticed in my travel within India. The earlier government had started the Golden Quadrilateral with all fanfare and National Highway Authority(NHA) with all its enthusiasm had put the Prime Minister's portrait along with the directions and distance on all the signboards!! The new Government with a new Prime Minister came to power NHA quickly put a black cover on all the signboards, let the people who use the roads be damned its important that the previous government doesn't get credit !!!

Well whatever said done the signboards are back I guess, I haven't seen if they just replaced it with the new Prime Ministers photo. Its going to be an expensive proposition either ways:-))

No comments: