Tuesday, May 22, 2007

USEFUL SITES FOR ROAD TRIPS

In US I have used many sites to decide on road trips I have just listed what I think are user friendly and also at the same time providing maximum information.

TRAVMATIX (www.travmatix.com)

The best feature here is the TravPlan, it gives you at each exit what you can find for eating and lodging. The other feature is you can choose the brand too so that it only gives you the exits where you can eat at Denny's and sleep at Motel8!!(These are only examples not my favorites)

It also mentions the rest areas , gas stations (petrol bunks) with the gas price one can estimate the cost of the whole trip.

ROADSIDEAMERICA (www.roadsideamerica.com)

One can see the attractions of the city most of them are offbeat tourist attractions. It also shows the maps, so one can find attractions along your route.

The most Obvious ones:

  1. LONELY PLANET THORN TREE POST: One of the most interesting places where you can gather information. I used this extensively for my travel within India .
  2. GOOGLE EARTH
  3. www.maps.google.com
  4. www.mapquest.com
  5. Yahoo Travels

No comments: