Friday, May 11, 2007

TALISMA WANDERER


TALISMA: Its an Arabic word meaning "magic letter". The English word Talisman comes from this .

Let me put the word in a context, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby by Dickens, Charles: His face was a talisman to the porters and servants of his more dashing clients, and procured him ready admission, though he trudged on foot, and others, who were denied, rattled to the door in carriages.

Come on lets face it, thats a Talisman we all would love to have

WANDERER:
To travel about, on, or through
Let me put the word in a context, Great Expectations by Dickens, Charles: And you," she said, in a voice of touching interest to a wanderer, "you live abroad still?

Yeah still live abroad. The one place I would really like to be abroad is Africa...someday....


Origin of the words fascinate me I got hooked on to it when i started preparing for my CAT,GRE and TOEFL and a gift of 2 books from my brother
1) Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
2) All About Words by Maxwell Nurnberg and Morris Rosenblum

I would highly recommend these books even if you are not preparing for any exams.

This snap is from my recent visit to Key West.

No comments: